Give, by Zappos for Good has partnered with Kids In Need Foundation, a non-profit, that helps to inspire effective learning and education, by providing kids with the tools they need.
Give, by Zappos For Good
Kids In Need FoundationGet Started
- Box up new school supplies and new backpacks in any box and tape it closed. Up to 50 lbs per box.
- Log in and print your special prepaid shipping label.
- Attach the label and drop off your box at any UPS Store!
Give, by Zappos for Good has partnered with Kids In Need Foundation, a non-profit, that helps to inspire the education and learning of children by providing brand new school supplies and backpacks to kids in need, to remind them that they can become heroes too, because their education is important!
See how your donation brings hope to children and shows them that they matter
We are thrilled about our partnership with Kids In Need Foundation. We are honored to keep helping communities everywhere by sponsoring the cost of the shipping of school supplies and backpacks you have taken the time and money to buy for donation to children in need.
Why buy new school supplies and backpacks to donate them through Zappos for Good?
- Sponsoring the cost of shipping of your donated school supplies and backpacks. Up to 50 lbs per box
- Helping out the community around you.
- Help children, who are less fortunate, to get the most out of school by helping them to have the proper tools.
Thank you for taking the time to help others.Get Started
Are you looking for a little more information about Zappos for Good?Learn More
- Can I get a tax receipt for my donation?
- Absolutely, but this is something that you would need to get from Kids In Need Foundation directly. It’s not a problem and you can contact them at https://www.kinf.org/donate/ and then select the name listed for gift-in-kind-donations. Be sure to include the tracking number(s) for the boxes that you have sent and once the tracking numbers have been received by Kids In Need Foundation, they will send you a tax receipt.
- Does Kids In Need Foundation publish their financial statements?
- Yes. You can find them at https://www.kinf.org/about/financials-policies/
- Why would I go and buy new school supplies and / or backpacks just to donate them to Kids In Need Foundation?
Every package of pencils, box of markers or single backpack helps a child in need to be given a better chance to make the most of their education. With backpacks, we have tried to make it easier for you because you can order backpacks directly from Zappos.com along with other things, and not have to go out and pick anything up. Rather, when it arrives at your door, print off a label and send it on to Kids In Need Foundation. You may do it to get the tax receipt, you may do it because you grew up less fortunate and want to pay it back, or you may be doing it to pay it forward and help to build more child heroes of tomorrow.
But no matter what the reason is, every donation goes to a child in need and making a difference in their education. And the right tools for education are important.
- Zappos.com does not sell school supplies, so why do you sponsor the shipping to donate school supplies?
- Zappos for Good is not about making sales on Zappos.com, it’s about doing good things for our communities next door and all across the USA. We believe that education is important, and especially for children. Zappos.com has incredible customers! We think that they are so good and kind that they would take time out of their day to go and pick up school supplies from a store just to send them to those in need. And we want to do whatever we can to make that happen as often as possible. Of course if someone decides the best place to get a backpack to donate is from Zappos.com, we think that is fantastic because we love our team here and hope you do too!
- I prefer to help people domestically, is Give going to help with that?
- Give, by Zappos for Good, in partnership with Kids In Need Foundation relies on the expertise of the team at Kids In Need Foundation to decide which areas and schools can use school supplies and backpacks the most. At this time, all of their donations are distributed within the USA, because they feel there is still a lot of impact needed here at home
How the Program Works
- I always call Zappos for my orders. Can I make my donation of backpacks and school supplies over the phone?
- As always, our Customer Loyalty Team are here to help! If you need any assistance in where to go on the website, please give us a call at 877-927-2332 and our team member will walk through it with you on the phone. Because this a donation to a registered non-profit organization [IRS 501(c)(3)] that Zappos is just helping to facilitate, we really need your help to register and print the shipping label out, just in case you decided you wanted to a tax receipt for your donation.
- Can I donate to Give, by Zappos for Good if I live outside of the United States?
- Regrettably, our pre-paid labels do not cover the price for international donations. To use our pre-paid labels, donations must be sent from the United States. But we are continuously looking for other partnerships to help those in need on a global level.
- I live in a rural area. Can I donate using USPS for my donation box?
- Unfortunately, UPS is the only option at this time. UPS provides for easy, fast and secure shipping and package tracking of your donation to ensure it gets to those in need as quickly as possible.
- I live in a rural area. Can UPS pick up my donation box?
- Our pre-paid shipping labels only support dropping off your donation at a UPS Store or depot. But there is no time limit, so you can always save your donations up for a time when you may be near a UPS outlet.
- I don't live in the continental United States (ex. Hawaii); can I still donate?
- Unfortunately, our shipping agreement with UPS for this program only allows for ground shipping at this time.
- Zappos for Good has partnerships with Kids In Need Foundation and other charities too. Can I put all of my items in the same box for donations for all charities?
- We would ask you to print out a label for each type of donation which you are making. This donation page is about brand new school supplies and backpacks, and you may notice on the shipping label you print that your donation will go directly to Kids In Need Foundation. We understand it’s a little bit more work for you to print out a label for each different type of product donation you are making, but we at Zappos for Good are going to cover the shipping for all boxes sent to make sure your donations make it to the right people who can help the most with what is inside the box.
- How many donations can I make through ZapposForGood.org?
- You can make as many donations as you want. The more the merrier! We will be covering the shipping for as many donations as you want to make.
- Do I have to be a Zappos.com customer already to donate through this program?
- If you have never been a Zappos.com customer before, that’s no problem! During the process, you will be asked to create an account or log in with your Amazon.com account if you have one.
- What types of goods can I donate through this program?
- Kids In Need Foundation is delighted to accept all new school supplies, such as the basic core items: pens, pencils, folders, spiral notebooks, crayons, markers, ruler, eraser, pencil pouch, glue/glue stick, scissors and post it notes.
Kids In Need Foundation cannot accept any used school supplies or any items that have offensive words, artwork or symbols on the packaging or surface.
- Can I use a Zappos box to send my donation to Kids In Need Foundation?
- You can use any box at all, and we’d be delighted if it was a Zappos box! Just make sure you cover or remove the old Zappos shipping label before putting on the new one. Don’t forget to tape up the box and affix the special prepaid shipping label before going to the UPS Store. And thank you for your help in reducing and reusing even before recycling wherever we can, so reusing a box we sent you is something we support fully!
- What happens to the product that I donate and how can I be sure it’s really going to those in need?
- Zappos for Good took time to make sure our donation partner values direct donation. Instead of selling the school supplies and backpacks and then donating a portion of the proceeds to those in need, Kids In Need Foundation donates these new items, exactly as you sent them to help people of all ages be inspired to learn in school!
We would also encourage you to download their Financial Statements under https://www.kinf.org/about/financials-policies/ so you can see where they spend their money, which is done as financial donations, to reinforce their credibility as a partner.
- The shipping label I printed from the website says "2 LBS". Does that mean that I need to use multiple boxes and not exceed 2 LBS in any box?
- The short answer is No. All this means is that 2 LBS is the minimum weight that UPS will charge Zappos for Good for shipping your donation; so if your package only weighs 1 LB, Zappos will be charged as though it weighs 2 LBS. You can (and should) fill your box of donated items to approximately 50 LBS when possible before using an additional box. UPS will weigh each package at the time of shipping and charge Zappos for Good the appropriate amount.
- Can I email the shipping label to myself?
- Unfortunately, not at this time. We are working on building that functionality right now and it should be available in the next month.